Food at work is changing. For the first time in history, we have five generations in the workplace: from traditionalists who grew up in the 1960s, to generation Z – born around 2000. All of them have different tastes and requirements: and then you need to factor in the needs of those who are doing active physical jobs, along with people who get less exercise. The need to provide variety for staff who eat in the canteen every day. The change in food trends, with religious requirements and the increasing need for vegetarian and vegan options.
Along with these challenges, there are opportunities. Good food is part of a good working environment, an important competitive advantage in a time of near full employment. A well-designed staff restaurant is a social centre, a place where ideas emerge, a collaboration hub for the staff team.
MYA have over 30 years’ experience in business catering. Our consultants have a proven track record in creating the right workplace catering model, helping you to achieve your organisational goals, to navigate your way through the complexities of outsourcing and to monitor your performance.
MYA can help you to:
- Review your catering operation and benchmark current performance
- Develop fresh and varied concepts which improve uptake of meals
- Source innovative new suppliers
- Manage catering tenders
- Develop your in-house team
- Plan and design a new facility, or refurbish an existing one
- Review the nutritional content of your meals
- Create a green plan
- Review your housekeeping for hygiene and cost-effectiveness
Your catering operation needs to remain as competitive and future-proof as every other part of your business. MYA can help you get there.Contact Us Now