Going green is no longer an alternative option. It’s essential.
Unless you have a coherent green strategy, your development plans will run into opposition on a local and national level, and your customers will vote against all your development plans. Especially the younger generation, who are vital to the future of your business.
Carla McKenzie is passionate on the subject:
The economy is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the environment. With unstable economies at home and abroad, it’s easy to be distracted by short-term financial pressures. But here and now, local and national governments are planning increasingly aggressive environmental legislation.
At exactly the same time, customers are making major changes in their lifestyles, and their choice of food is one of the most obvious aspects of this change.
Catering operations are caught in the middle of both these movements. We need to be ready. But better still, we could be ahead: pioneering, innovating and taking the lead over the competition.
At MYA, we’re keen to help organisations develop their green plan to ensure it is both responsible and accepted. Having worked closely with many organisations, we have a great deal of specialist sustainability consultancy knowledge about what’s possible and what’s becoming available. This includes:
- Auditing your current opportunities to reduce your carbon footprint
- Developing plant-based menus
- Selecting and encouraging local suppliers
- Justifying investment in more energy-efficient kitchen technology
- Energy and water resource monitoring
- Training and development of staff
- Greener options for travel and transport
- Reducing the use of disposables
- Waste reduction and recycling
- Recipes that reduce the demand for resources
- Supply chain management, and benchmarking suppliers
- Costing and implementing environmental policies imposed from outside
- Rolling audits to monitor environmental performance
- Designing performance measurements and incentives
- Developing a coherent and effective environmental strategy
- Communicating your vision to investors, stakeholders, customers and staff.
As Carla says:
Contact Us Now
We’re about to ride a green wave. We can be swamped by it. Or we can surf it.