The commodity market has been particularly volatile over the past year, with some food sectors showing substantial increases in price. These have been directly driven by oil prices, the wider economy, and the shadow of the Brexit cloud which has yet to be resolved.
Food procurement is a complex area whether you buy goods in-house directly from a supplier, through a contract caterer or using the weight levied by consortiums. Getting the right deal on your purchases can be a full-time job.
The team at MYA have significant experience in this area; we can help to:
- Benchmark your purchasing to analyse your competitiveness in the current market
- Manage competitive procurement tenders to ensure that the best value for money is delivered
- Pinpoint ways in which the managers and chefs who procure foods and beverages may improve value
- Train and develop teams
- Monitor and measure supplier performance
- Complete due diligence check on suppliers.
To ensure you’re getting a good deal on your goods, speak to our experienced food procurement team to see if you could be saving money by finding a new supplier.Contact Us Now