Out of all the business sectors affected by Brexit and stricter immigration laws, the hospitality sector faces one of the biggest challenges. For decades, the sector has relied on skilled European staff to fill critical roles through the UK, but now the sector is facing a significant shortfall of employees.
Rather than sitting on your hands and hoping the problem will disappear, the best option is to take action as soon as possible.
In recent years we’ve helped a range of clients prepare their businesses for the upcoming changes to immigration laws, by helping them secure their hospitality and catering team.
From tracking down the skilled staff who are still available, to modify working processes to use less staff, our team of recruitment specialists know the industry inside out. We’ll also help with retaining core skills, and training up local people to fulfil job roles. Recruitment, retention and training are all key parts of MYA’s expertise.
With our broad knowledge of the market across a range of sectors, we can assist with:
- Finding people who are experts, motivated and an asset to your organisation
- Managing the entire recruitment process from collecting the client brief through to appointment
- Assisting with interviews
- Trade testing for chefs
- Interviewing candidates proposed by contractors, as your subject matter expert
- Retention and development for your existing staff
- Training and development for teams and individuals to improve on basic skills.
There’s no question that recruitment is going to be a challenge, but it doesn’t have to be a crisis. With MYA Consulting at your side, you can ensure your hospitality and catering recruitment continues smoothly even through difficult and challenging times.Contact Us Now