For those who are bed-bound, in residential or nursing care – or those simply requiring a short hospital stay – food can be the main highlight of the day. And it’s more than that. Getting nutrition right is a medical issue: it’s essential to maintaining and improving physical and mental health.
We understand the logistical difficulties of operating large-scale catering systems within hospitals. Our experience and input can help our clients overcome the challenges of delivering hot food, with nutrient levels intact, across multiple locations from a central kitchen.
We believe food in the care sector should be a complete sensory experience with appetizing and stimulating aromas and innovative service styles. Allergies, special dietary requirements, specific medical conditions (such as dysphagia or dementia) and nutritional requirements are all considered in our menu design and service delivery.
MYA can help you to:
- Review your catering and benchmark your current performance
- Develop fresh concepts which improve patient uptake of meals
- Source innovative new suppliers
- Manage catering tenders
- Develop your in-house team
- Plan and design a new facility, or refurbish an existing one
- Review the nutritional content of your offer
- Create a green plan
- Develop food concepts which contribute to health improvement
- Review your housekeeping for hygiene and value for the budget
Healthcare catering means far more than a minimum service. We know that getting the menu right can make a major contribution to patients’ health and morale.Contact Us Now