Carla has led MYA for the past 23 years in some of the most challenging industry environments. She is renowned for her vision and industry expertise across all sectors; hotels, arts venues, education, healthcare, events, travel, leisure and retail. Carla is a hands-on leader with specialist skills in:
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Project leadership
- Financial audit and evaluation
- Food concept development
- Professional development and training
- Food safety and legislative compliance
- Tender management
- Nutritional advice
- Change management
- Business modelling for small or multi-site operations
- Procurement strategies
- Environmental & sustainability strategies
- Strategies for catering and housekeeping environments
When not at work, Carla puts her energy into supporting various charities, in a very personal way.
In 2015 Carla completed a ground-breaking adventure, when at the age of 50 she embarked on a journey to ride from John O’Groats to Lands End, mostly on unsurfaced roads, while raising money for British military charities jogler.wordpress.com.
In September 2018, Carla undertook a pioneering journey, riding from London to Paris on green roads by electric motorcycle. The journey highlighted the importance of preserving the planet and raised substantial sums for Kent, Surrey, Sussex Air Ambulance and the Joan Seeley Memorial Trust.