Mark brings high-level IT and engineering skills from outside the hospitality industry, which means a fresh eye and innovative thinking – key qualities for MYA.
With a degree in computer science focussing on cybernetics, artificial intelligence and robotics, Mark has over 35 years’ experience working on complex system design and programming within the insurance and finance industries. He has led programming teams, innovated, supported and implemented transformational technology.
Mark joined MYA in March 2019. Since then his projects have included:
- The development of a cleaning measurement model for a global on-line booking platform.
- A software system to manage complex procurement tenders.
- A recipe-management system for easy tracking of allergens and special dietary requirements.
Mark is working alongside non-executive director Nick Shaw to spearhead our move into robotics with a large Japanese manufacturing partner.
- Analyst and project team leader
- Technological problem solving
- Programme builder and innovator
- Change management control and supervision
- Data conversion programming
- IBM mainframe expertise
In his off-duty moments, Mark is known in the motorcycle world as the ‘Quasar guru’. The Quasar was a futuristic roofed luxury motorcycle produced in Britain in the late 1970’s; Mark is still supporting the community of Quasar owners, while perfecting the engineering on his own machines.