Director of Business Effectiveness
Surrey University, BA (Hons) Hotel & Catering Administration
Julia Wall was among the first students in the UK to study Hotel and Catering Administration to degree level. A lively career in the industry followed, leading to several Interim MD rôles, and a reputation for profit delivery, contract retention, and management of change.
She then stepped up to a further career as a Change Management consultant. Using her skills in communication and leadership, for almost 20 years she’s been helping organisations in the public and private sectors to focus on Benefit Realisation. The result is an exceptional capacity to provide cross-functional insight, alongside the tangible delivery of targets.
- Portfolio, Programme (MSP) & Project Management
- Benefit Realisation Management:
- Strategic benefits mapping
- Business Case and supporting documentation
- Board & Programme level presentations
- Maturity assessment, risk analysis, pre and post measurement
- Skills Transfer, including embedding, recruitment, training and staff workshops
- Stakeholder communication planning & delivery.
Julia divides her time between her UK base in Gosport, her barn conversion in Normandy, and criss-crossing Europe on epic motorcycle tours. When not at the Barn or on the road, she loves theatre, modern art and live music – preferably in small quirky venues.