Senior Interior Designer
Since graduating from Leeds University in 2004, with a degree in Interior Architecture, Kara has built up an impressive body of work for a series of architectural practices. Her career profile goes far beyond design: integrated vertically, from costing, purchasing, and on-site project management to commissioning; and horizontally, covering leisure facilities, workplaces, residential complexes, higher education and student facilities.
Kara can handle fast-track projects with tight deadlines, working directly with clients, and managing numerous sites at the same time.
- Project Management and scheduling
- Site meetings, client and contractor interface
- Client presentations and briefings
- Modelling and space planning
- Lighting design, mood boards and colour schemes
- Specifying and sourcing appropriate materials at best price
- Working with AutoCAD 2D & 3D, Photoshop, InDesign, Revit, and SketchUp – plus hand rendering
- Knowledge of building regulations and planning procedures.
While building her career, Kara has also found time to build a family of four children, plus two dogs. Her other activities include running, reading, travelling and playing the piano – if she has any spare time left!