Kevin has more than 35 years’ experience at a senior level in both sales and operations management, working in catering, engineering, business services, facilities management and commercial property. He’s used to large contracts, high technical standards, wide geographical areas and complex client requirements.
In particular, he’s often been the man on the spot when culture change is essential – when a business needs a financial turnaround, or a re-structuring of the team; when there’s a new vision, a new relationship with customers, a re-imagining of what the business is offering. He has a solid track record of leading management teams through periods of change and coming up with impressive results, in terms of business growth and customer retention.
- Understanding the brief at corporate level: sometimes you need a board-level viewpoint
- Multitasking: for most of his career, there’s always been more than one objective
- Presentation: he’s not afraid of the podium
- Hand-holding: when things are challenging and stressful, calm confidence – based on experience – is his style
- Inspiring teams: Kevin is known for his unselfish sharing of knowledge, and his determination that the whole team should succeed together.
For the last eight years, as well as working in consultancy and training, Kevin’s time has been devoted to a family project: turning a historic town-centre barn into a upmarket café. Having sold at a profit, he’s moving on. So in addition to his high-level knowledge of business transformation, he’s a world-class expert on tea, jam, toast, cakes and ice-cream!